May 25, 2011

Sunshine

Well! The first truly beautiful day of spring. Not muggy, not rainy, just bright sun and cool breeze. Aahhhh.
This outfit isn't really all that creative but I wanted to look colorful and breezy in honor of spring. I have this dress in three colors: purple, turquoise print, and black. I liked them because the hem length was perfect. But I'm starting to realize that they, too, are a size too big. The waistline is too low, as is the neckline. So I'm trying to get a little more creative about the colors I layer underneath. This is the latest in a series of purple-and-yellow combos that began on Easter.
I should also state for the record that I'm wearing spanx bikeshorts underneath this dress. Less for slimming purposes and more for modesty-when-playing-with-my-son purposes.

White cardigan: Target
Sunflower yellow tank: Lands End
Purple jersey dress: Target
Purple/ivory bow ballet flats: Payless
Tree medallion necklace: TJ Maxx

Where: Playdate, general gallivanting in the sunshine and being a springtime slacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment