April 22, 2011
Calling Sarah Connor
So here are the things you need to know about this outfit.
1. Yesterday was Judgment Day.
2. I forgot to plan today's outfit last night, and only remembered as I was lying in bed, at which point I wasn't about to get up again.
3. Sarah Connor is pretty much covered in awesome sauce. Either the Linda Hamilton version, or the Lena Headey version, take your pick.
4. Since yesterday was Judgement Day, it seems logical that today would need to be a day of much butt-kicking.
5. Why not try to dress like Sarah Connor?
Except, it turns out that it's kind of hard to put together a butt-kickingly awesome Sarah Connor outfit from your own closet. For example, what kind of shoes does Sarah Connor wear? Unknown. Probably something totally rugged and with steel toes. Also, she definitely has ripped abs and killer biceps and I... don't.
So this outfit is pretty much a fail. There was a vaguely military-ish belt involved at one point but it didn't fit quite right. But I do think the olive-grey-black color palette is somewhat apocalyptic... and I do love this necklace.
Grey cardigan: Old Navy
Olive tank: Old Navy
Grey skinnies: Old Navy
Winged necklace: Kohl's
Belt: Can't remember
Where: Gymnastics, lunch playdate, work at home, gardening.