June 08, 2011

Some like it hot

So! Summer has arrived! It's hitting 95 degrees today, and I'm bleary and chugging caffeine in a desperate attempt to keep my eyes open and not succumb to a long afternoon nap. So far it's not helping so much in the wakefulness department, but I am having to visit the ladies room a lot. Hmm.
Anyhow, I had an early morning meeting and it was too hot to do much more than a t-shirt and skirt combo. But I think it turned out okay. I got this skirt right after my son was born, so of course now it's too big but I still like it. I particularly like how my beloved wedges (man I love these shoes) match the skirt so perfectly - metallic and tan and all.

White v-neck t-shirt: Kohl's
Tan and silver skirt: TJ Maxx
Brown & silver platform wedges: Mossimo/Target (see them better here)
Silver double-loop necklace: Kohl's

Where: Early morning meeting.

In the interest of full disclosure (also, see above re: 95 degrees), I'll tell you that as soon as I came home, I changed into this:

... which, let's be honest, is basically pajamas. But comfy.

Lime-green dress: Old Navy
Studded thong sandals: Target
Pink-and-green bead necklace: Baked Beads

Where: Work at home, trying not to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment