June 18, 2011

Shorts

Hi. Here's a Saturday post. Yeah, I've been a little MIA this week; sorry about that. But here's the thing: I wore shorts a lot this week. Not the cute kind, either - the kind you wear with just a t-shirt and sporty sandals and get all sweaty in. I've spent the past few days pulling kids up hills in wagons, putting on bug spray, and getting covered with mud, food, and who knows what else. They were happy days, for the most part, but not particularly photogenic.
I'll make a little confession: I kind of hate how I look in shorts, usually. I don't like my knees - unless I am wearing some kind of heel, and then I can accept them. So it follows that I'm okay with shorts as long as I wear them with heels. Sadly, heels don't really work for the pulling-wagon and bug spray kind of days.

Black-and-white striped shirt: Kohl's
Steel grey linen shorts: Gap
Black-and-white wedge espadrilles: Naturalizer

Where: Groceries, work at home, general Saturday stuff, hosting a cookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment