August 05, 2011

Circus outfit

We had a big family outing last night, to a little Italian family circus that's come through town. It's small, with just dogs and horses and acrobats, and I figured that'd be perfect for my son. He alternated between loving it and being a little scared of the "mean" clown - but he wouldn't stop talking about it, so I'll mark it down as a success.
Not as successful: the completely obtuse woman behind us, who first stepped on my son's fingers (and took her sweet time moving) and then spilled her drink on my backside. Huh.
About the outfit: I can't say for sure how it came together - I guess a hidden desire to wear two different kinds of stripes at once - but in the end I felt a little like a French circus mime. This circus was Italian, but hey - still Europe, right?

Striped dolman-sleeve top: TJMaxx
Navy pinstripe shorts: Dockers
Navy-and-white wedge espadrilles: Naturalizer
Yellow rubber watch:
Background onlooker: fueled by cotton candy and lemonade. Also very sticky.

Where: Circus!

No comments:

Post a Comment