April 12, 2011

Outfit #1: April 12, 2011

Another day, another alarming level of frump. I'm just really not having a good week. I'm attributing most of that to exhaustion; it's been a singularly bad week for sleeping and it's hard to look good when you're so tired. But I'm going out (briefly) tonight so I have a chance to redeem myself with a second outfit later!
I bought these bootcut jeans (two pairs, actually) in a moment of "they're good enough" desperation. When I look at the photos I am realizing that they're not particularly flattering. They're actually adding thickness to my thighs. Ugh. I've really been struggling with jeans lately. My beloved Calvin Klein bootcuts are nowhere to be found, otherwise I'd just buy ten pairs of those.

T-shirt: Kohl's
Gingham shirt: Old Navy (and quite a bit more sheer than I'd realized, huh, I don't like how my t-shirt looks underneath! I'd better stick to tank tops)
Jeans: Levi's Curve ID bootcut
Checkered sequin flats: Keds (I'll have to post a close-up of these one day soon!)
Ribbon-and-"pearl" necklace: Baked Beads
Multi-tone bracelet: gift
Curious onlooker: rescue

Where: Park and picnic, mechanic, work at home.

3 comments:

  1. Uh oh. Second day at the mechanic? A picnic sounds good.

    By the way...

    YOU DO NOT HAVE THICK THIGHS!

    Smooches! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say that usually the interloper's in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm not sure what he was so curious about yesterday! Maybe I hadn't fed him yet?

    ReplyDelete