March 20, 2011

Weekend outfits

So! I was on the road this weekend with my family. For the first time (ever), instead of just tossing some items in a bag and figuring it out later, I planned and packed outfits. I have been reading a lot about packing a capsule wardrobe and this was my first attempt. I started by picking one item that I would wear every day - in this case, the boots. They set the black-and-grey based color scheme for the weekend.

Friday's outfit:
Blue three-quarter-sleeve t-shirt: Old Navy
Sweater tunic: Old Navy
Leggings: Old Navy
Boots: Target
Studded grey bracelet: Baked Beads

This was apparently a very Old-Navy-heavy day. Where: music class, packing, a long car ride, unpacking at a hotel, dinner at family's house.

Saturday's outfit:
Polka-dot blouse: JC Penney
Camisole: Costco
Cardigan: Old Navy
Skinny jeans: Gap
Double-loop necklace: Kohl's
Boots: Target
Big black ring: Overstock.com
Zebra-print belt (too bad you can't see it!): thrifted

I actually wore this most of the day with this yellow scarf. Where: awake at an ungodly hour, breakfast and swimming in the hotel, shopping, lunch, nap, dinner with family again.

Sunday's outfit:
Black cowlneck tunic: Macy's
Grey skinny jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Target
Bracelet: gift, Tiffany

This outfit took a beating before I got a chance to photograph it. Please excuse the baggy knees and dust! I also wore the yellow scarf with this outfit much of the day. Where: again awake at an ungodly hour, breakfast in hotel, re-packing, errands, long drive home with stops for lunch and shopping, then two hours of playing in the muddy backyard. Time for an early bedtime, I think!

So, there it is, my first attempt at a capsule wardrobe! Actually I quite liked it. I liked already knowing every day (when it was hectic get-ready time) what I was going to wear. And I packed lighter than I ever had before, but felt good about how I looked each day. Definitely going to do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment