December 24, 2011

A Christmas Eve two-fer

This may be one of my favorite outfits of the year so far. I don't know why I don't do this more often: just put on a bunch of my favorite things all at once, and see what happens... I wore this for a raucous family breakfast at a local diner to celebrate some Christmas Eve birthdays. I loved the outfit, even if one family member (who shall remain nameless) asked about the "raccoon hanging around my neck."

Fur-trimmed sweater vest: Macy's
Long-sleeved brown v-neck shirt: Kohls
Skinny jeans: Lauren Conrad
Brown boots: Target
Rhinestone star-drop necklace: vintage

Where: family breakfast out, lots of cooking.


I swear, this outfit looked a lot better in person. What a terrible photo! Anyhow, I was going for something out of White Christmas. Full skirt, tightish (although mine is getting a little baggy) fur-trimmed sweater... I wore this to a Christmas Eve/birthday dinner at my parents' house. But I had to leave right after dinner (and before cake!) to get my son home for bed... there was a serious over-tired meltdown brewing! Ah, a mother's social life...

Fur-trimmed cardigan: H&M
Beige sweater shell underneath: Liz Claiborne
Wool skirt: thrifted
Grey ruffled wedge boots: Kohls (see them better here)
Rhinestone star-drop necklace: vintage

Where: Christmas Eve/birthday dinner at my parents' house.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment