July 04, 2011

Keepin' it real

So yeah. This is what I wore on Sunday for a day of lazing around and pre-Fourth festivities. I know I'm not completely coordinated and possibly in danger of looking hopelessly suburban... but oh well. It was a Sunday.
And I have to confess that knee-length shorts like these are a summer staple of my wardrobe. I love that they don't expose any thigh so I never feel self-conscious even if I have to squat down for toddler-wrangling. But they can sometimes skew quite frumpy if I'm not careful. And I may shorten this pair by an inch or two.

Peach cardigan: Target
Ruffle chiffon tank: Old Navy and shortened by me (after this incident)
Knee-length cargo shorts: Lee
Coral and tan leather sandals: Bass
Yellow rubber watch: swag from my husband's old job

Where: Lots of cartoons with my son, grocery store, nap, picnic, concert in the park, sparklers in the backyard, and fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment