May 31, 2011

Two cookouts

So. This is the story of two cookouts - one we went to Sunday night, and one I hosted on Monday night. And two outfits. One of which I liked, one of which I did not. Shall we begin? Good.

This is what I threw on for a last-minute get-together at my aunt's house Sunday night. I had run half a marathon earlier in the day, and I was SORE. Still am, actually.
Anyhow, the skirt is a new purchase because I liked the color (surprise, surprise!) and the floaty fabric. But now that I see the photo, I like it a lot less. Maybe it's the combination with this shirt, but I look kind of matronly. Blech. Maybe I need to shorten the skirt. Or maybe I need to get rid of this shirt.

Tan square-neck t-shirt: Macy's
Coral print skirt: Old Navy
Coral and tan sandals: Bass
Pink beaded necklace: Kohl's

Where: last-minute cookout with family.

And this is what I threw on to host a cookout with neighbors on Monday night. Much better. This was the first time I've worn this dress and it works for me. I like the loose waistline because I could eat as much as I wanted and not worry about a big belly showing... and the hemline is a little shorter than I usually like, but I think it's okay. The loose silhouette makes me think of a early 1900s flapper dress, but I'm kind of enjoying that.

White floral dress: Old Navy
Coral and tan sandals: Bass
Pink and green beaded necklace: Baked Beads

Where: grocery shopping and hosting a cookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment