December 26, 2011

Fake it 'til you make it

A neighbor once gave me this advice: If you are running late and/or unprepared for an event, just put on a sparkly top and go anyhow. It has been surprisingly helpful advice. It's amazing what a bit of sparkle will do. It's sort of a fake-it-til-you-make-it thing.
Today, I was in yoga pants and fleece most of the day, and hadn't washed my hair. Just doing laundry and post-holiday cleaning, etc. The time snuck away from me until it was literally five minutes until our traditional December 26th ladies tea. (I know, I know. But it's sweet.) So I ran upstairs, put on some jeans and sparkly items, and somehow, it worked.

Metallic silver cowlneck top: Ann Taylor, thrifted
Jeans: Calvin Klein lean bootcut
Skinny silver belt: can't remember
Checkered sequin flats: Keds
Beaded "snowman" earrings: discount store
Black beaded headband (not shown): TJ Maxx

Where: Post-Christmas tea at my house.



No comments:

Post a Comment