January 03, 2012

Improbable

It's going to be hard to make this out because it's all black, but this is a shift sweaterdress with a ballerina wrap cardigan over the top. And this is one of the least likely outfits I could ever see myself wearing, much less liking...
I thrifted this sweaterdress with Frumptastic when she was here last week. I barely wanted to try it on - it's all black, and a weird length. Plus I don't usually like things that are clingy and/or unshaped. But the fabric was nice and heavy, and the price was superlow, so I tried it on. And, huh. It looked pretty decent. It actually wasn't as shapeless as it looked on the hanger, and it was WARM, and I figured I could work around the weird length by wearing boots. So it came home with me, and I couldn't be happier about it. Especially since this is the coldest day of the year so far, and my legs are wrapped in leggings AND wearing a sweater. Happy.

Black sweaterdress: thrifted
Wrap cardigan: boutique in Providence (see it better here)
Black harness boots: Target
Silver link necklace: Kohls

Where: Preschool pickup/dropoff, tons of work at home, lunch with my grandmother, gymnastics class, errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment