December 01, 2011

Wicked

Okay. These tights make me think of Elphaba from Wicked. Or perhaps the Hulk. I bought them on Saturday at Macy's because they were on sale and I like the color but they definitely need to be worn with boots because if too much is showing, well, I like more like a witch than normal.
I'm not terrible pleased with this outfit. I changed three times. If I could have worn my pajamas to work, a bar association cocktail party and then a science group Christmas party, I would have. And I would have rocked my Middlebury sweatshirt from 1980 (it was my brother-in-law's) like no one's business. But I have to seem somewhat professional so instead I went with mixing brown and black and adding in a hint of Hulk. How awesome is that?
The Wear:
Cashmere sweater: Macy's
Skirt: Marshall's/TJ Maxx
Tights: Hue (for Hulk)
Boots: White Mountain

The Where:
Work (yawn), cocktail party, Christmas/holiday/geek fest (did I mention this is a scientist society party?)

No comments:

Post a Comment