December 25, 2011

Christmas at home


We had a great Christmas at home this year, lazing around and taking all day to open our presents - stopping only for a brunch feast and a walk in the snow. It was perfect.
I actually hadn't thought beforehand about what I was going to wear today - but I knew I wanted to wear red. This outfit is kind of a land-of-misfit-toys combination: lots of pieces that I rarely wear, but I think they work together. I started with the necklace, then the tank, then the cardigan, and last the scarf. The color combination was inspired by the tomato-and-olive posts from earlier this wear at What I Wore 2Day... I like how it turned out, although I don't think it photographed all that well (and I wish I'd noticed the lopsided scarf at the time! Oh well).
I hope you all had a great holiday as well!

Gold cardigan: Old Navy
Red satiny tank: Kohls
Olive-and-gold silk scarf: can't remember
Red pendant: Baked Beads
Jeans: Calvin Klein lean bootcut
Gold flats: Nine West

My gold flats:

Although in the interest of honesty, this is how my feet looked most of the day.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely scarves & necklace. While the flats are cute, you're right, nothing is better than a Christmas sock.

    http://fashionandhistrionics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete